Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Beauty

I would like to first ask some questions and then try and answer them. Whatever I type is my view.

What is beauty? Who is beautiful and who is ugly? How do you judge beauty? Is beauty of another dependent on your mood?

I feel that beauty is not something just physical at all, but something more deep, it is something that is more mental and is a feeling of ones state. If you are lost don’t worry that’s just what I wanted.

Beauty for me is NOT just being fair skinned, skin without any pimples or/and dark marks, a beautiful shaped body with clean and clear cuts, a sexy ass or even an attractive smile with 32 sparkling white teeth. Then what is it. For me it is what one sees inside the mind and the heart of the other that is more important. The kindness, the braveness, the respect that u get from the other, the brilliance of the mind of the other. This is what I mean by my first line of this paragraph. I say this because I believe that when people marry just because of there partner being the physically beautiful (I hope u understand the meaning of that know) there marriage never lasts long. Marriages last long more due to the inner beauty. This is because when you start staying together the physical beauty is not what u have to live with it is the inner make up that u have to live with. That is the way in which u are treated. I say this though I am only 20 years old now because of my parents. In fact my dad tells me sometimes that if he was in my mother’s shoes he would have torn his hair and divorced her long time back, but they are married for 31 years now. Why? I shall leave it to u to answer this.

I feel that when it comes to judgment of beauty it is difficult to comment on it. I feel that u judge ones beauty not by first encounter but only after some encounters. Off course there are exceptions and I must admit that one of my friends is an exception to this. In fact for me to judge her to be beautiful and interesting she just had to stand up on the stage and introduce herself. She did not even have to talk to me face to face. This off course is one reason for me to have said the first line of this paragraph.

What truly makes judgment difficult is to be able to know that ‘everybody is different and that due to this difference it is okay if I find someone beautiful who everybody else hates and finds “UGLY” ’. Also to make sure that the other person realizes that u find him/her beautiful because of that difference. I feel that this is the first step in judging beauty. It is due to this that when I meet people I never go with a pre-determined mind that he/she is like this. This is because first impression is usually wrong. I only start judging people once we interacted and understood each others level of interaction. Off course I must say that it is hard not to judge people at first sight and I feel that it is equally hard if not more to keep at a relationship when everyone around u hates and dislikes your partner. When one manages to practice these one attains tremendous strength and then one is not a door-mat and begins to choose who he or she wants to relate to. I also feel that what makes these difficult is because we tend to obey our mind that is not purely our thought, but which is adulterated by others thought and not our heart which is purely our own thought. I believe that we tend to judge people by our minds that are adulterated by what others have said and not our heart. Once we begin using our heart there is no way we can judge a person before the first encounter.

There are other features that influence your judgment of beauty. For example your temperament at that point in time, your mood, your likes and dislikes. Even the characteristics of the person make a difference. I say these because when you are angry you do not think rationally and thus you may not judge the person correctly.

I feel that ones mood does make a difference because depending on your mood the process by which you think and judge changes. Your experience and your thinking are coloured. For example when I finished my 12th ISC English paper I felt that I had done terrible and I had a faint feeling that I may even fail. However, when I got my results my marks were in the late seventies. What happened??? Was my judgment wrong? No. Due to the pressure of the exams and other things my thinking was coloured. I didn’t see all the faces of the paper and hence my decision was coloured and NOT wrong.

I would like to end by just reminding you about the story of the ugly duckling and how it grows and finally when it sees its reflection in the water it sees a beautiful full grown swan.
Remember:
Nothing in life is constant except for change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home